About Me

I'm a HUGE Ian Somerhalder fan. I love The Vampire Diaries. Married for 19 years with a 15 year old son. Cancer Survivor!! Whoo Hoo!! 4+ years... With me what you see is what you get.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

In the SINGLE digits!!

Yay!! I'm in the single digits on my radiation treatments now. I only have 6 more to go. That would be the rest of this week and Monday/Tuesday of next week. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. The radiation is starting to take a toll on my body. I am sleeping about 20 hours a day. I am sitting in the recliner when I'm not in the bed. I have been driving myself to treatments for the last 3 1/2 months. I am praying I will be able to continue to do that. I am starting to feel the BURN in the places the sun doesn't shine!! It is just that . . . . a burn!! I spoke with the Radiation Oncologist Dr. Williams today and we both agreed that although the burn is very bad, we should proceed with treatment. I only have one more day (Tuesday of this week) to have radiation in the larger area, then on Wednesday of this week I will change to a smaller radiation field. I am having to take pain medicine now because it is becoming difficult to tolerate. Also, I have had the worst heartburn and indigestion that I've ever had. I don't know if that's because of the treatments or what, but it is making me miserable. It doesn't really matter what I eat, it only gets worse. I have tried taking prescription medicine for this, but it does not seem to help very much. When I get done with the radiation I'll go back on the "bad" chemo for 2 1/2 months. I have been so blessed to be able to get to the point where I am now. I have a unique situation in which I'm unable to urinate on my own and I'm having to self cath and I have a colostomy. I can't even begin to imagine the pain I would have if I had to go from "down there". My God is an Awesome GOD!!! Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Angie,
    I happened upon your blog and read a few posts. I had to comment to tell you that I am so inspired by your attitude! Even in the midst of pain and suffering, you praise God!

    My mom had breast cancer twice, and received both chemo and radiation the first time, and radiation only the second. I can very vividly remember those days of pain and agony for her! She is doing well as of today---Thank God! My husband was also diagnosed with testicular cancer in Dec. of 2008. Thankfully he didn't have to do treatments, but my oh my, what a life-changing experience!

    God Bless you and your family! I will pray for you!

    "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1b-3a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again! So sorry! I just realized this was written over a year ago! Hope your family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete