About Me

I'm a HUGE Ian Somerhalder fan. I love The Vampire Diaries. Married for 19 years with a 15 year old son. Cancer Survivor!! Whoo Hoo!! 4+ years... With me what you see is what you get.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hurry up SPRING!!

Okay, so I guess by looking at my title you probably figured out that I'm so over winter, the snow, the freezing rain, the cold, blah, blah, blah. So bring on the lovely season (my favorite, escpecially in Kentucky) . . . S P R I N G ! It seems so short when it finally does get here, but I love it anyway. The most beautiful pictures are taken during that time. I have taken 13 out of 30 chemo/radiation treatments now so, I'm almost half way through my treatments. I am getting very tired lately. My eyes will literally try closing up during the day. I'll be going down the road coming back from radiation and it'll just be one eye usually, but it'll try closing. I get so frustrated, I asked my doctor the other day what it was and she said, "Honey, you're doing too much, you need to rest a little". I am guilty of that. I rest whenever I can, but lately I've been sleeping ALOT!! Oh, and my new favorite food is Fruit Loops with Marshmallows. They are the bomb!! Derek keeps telling me I'm going to turn into a Fruit Loop. So funny!! Well back to my health . . . I have another blood clot in my leg so they tested me for another Pulmonary Embolism, (which thank God I didn't have). Thanks for all the prayers, btw!! I know I'll get through this (especially since I'm almost halfway done with treatments), but it's still easy to get in that zone of "what if". I am always thinking something bad is going to happen to me. I don't know why I'm so afraid because this life is temporary anyway, but I think it's because I want to be selfish and watch my son graduate from college and see him have a family of his own. We just don't ever know. This past week one of my co-worker's husband went to take the trash out, slipped on the ice and hit his head. He had seizures and then he passed away. They tried reviving him at the hospital but it was too late. So we never know when our last day will be. I don't mean to sound so pesimistic (not sure if I spelled it right), but with my situation it's easy to "think about things". I hate to be selfish, but I think we'd all feel the same way about wanting to see our families grow up. I am so thankful for each day I have lived. I have a wonderful life, not perfect by far, but a pretty great one. Thanks Kim for reminding me of the upcoming holiday so I could change my page. Oh, did I mention I love to watch iCarly and George Lopez? ha ha
. . . till next time,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Sorry! I am sorry that I have not called you lately....we have had a bust schedule. You don't worry...you are going to be keeping your grandchildren before you can blink your eyes. I just know it. I hope it hurries up and warms up for you. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh not a bust schedule but a busy schedule. It's hard to type with one hand. Sorry! Kim

    ReplyDelete