About Me

I'm a HUGE Ian Somerhalder fan. I love The Vampire Diaries. Married for 19 years with a 15 year old son. Cancer Survivor!! Whoo Hoo!! 4+ years... With me what you see is what you get.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Everything is going smooth! Thank you Jesus!!

Tuesday, January 20th I will begin having chemotherapy with radiatioon every day for six weeks. I will resume my original scheduled chemotherapy in 6 weeks, which will put me having chemo every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I feel like I'm kinda taking a break from the "bad chemo" right now because they will discontinue 2 of my chemo drugs during this "chemo/radiation phase". The 2 drugs they are discontinuing for the time being are drugs that make me sick and feel really bad. So, I guess I'm trying to say that OMG, I'm sooooooooooooo excited about this "new phase". I will be able to resume my drinking cold drinks, eating ice cream, and it will feel sooooooooo good. . . Now on the other hand, my bottom may feel as though I have taken a strange vacation to the beach and have "sunburned bottom". Yep, that's what the Dr. called it today. I met with Dr. Williams at Bluegrass Radiation today. He is the sweetest thing. I just fell in love with him, especially when I found out he graduated from UAB. His dad was a big "Alabama Football" fan. This guy was so intelligent. I mean obviously, he was if he was a Doctor of Radiation, but come on. I could understand him well because of me being in the medical field, but if I was just some random person who had no experience in medicine whatsoever, I'd have been like, HUH?? He basically spent 2 hours with me. He covered all the questions you think you might have at the end of a normal visit. I did not have one question when he was done. I really feel like I'm getting excellent treatment at this place. I feel the same way about my Oncologist Dr. Don Stevens. He is wonderful. I love him so much because he truly cares about the patients. I was in his office yesterday (and they have all become like family to us. I was showing one of the nurses a picture I had taken on my cell phone. I said, "Dr. Stevens would love this one". He returned to the room and was very professional. After our visit, he says to me, "So, what's so funny on your camera phone?". So here I am the country girl with the big city Doctor, scrolling through my phone to find this picture I had taken of an old blue Chevy truck parked in our ER parking lot for 2 weeks. This was no ordinary truck, you see, this truck had a special emblem or should I say mascot on the front of the hood. Oh yes, I am going to try to put this picture on here, because it was just hilarious. The mascot of choice was a large lizzard. No, not a real one, but like a statue kind of. Well after a couple of weeks of this truck sitting there, I found out it belonged to one of my patients. This was the sweetest little man ever, and he was oh so sick, had a drinking problem, but was a delightful man. I guess you just had to be there. It was hilarious the way he would go on about this lizzard on his truck, kinda like a pet he couldn't bear to part ways. On another note, Dylan got highlights this week for the first time. He had to wear the cap thing they pull the hair through. Boy was he cute. I'll try to get a pic of that up too. I tried to get him to get a mohawk, but he said it was too cold. I know what you may be thinking, mohawk, has she lost it? Well yes, I've lost it, but I still have a little up there. I figure go ahead let the boy get it out of his system so he doesn't do something strange like that when he can make his own choices. Yes, we let him wear lots of tattoos. Hopefully, this will make him see how easy it is to remove them with soap and water and never want a real one. Not that that would be a terrible thing. I guess I'm just old school, and don't really want him to ever go that far. I also want to say that if you may have trouble in your marriage, at least seek professional counseling before it gets too late. I have a co-worker that I have worked with for 5 years. She has a lovely family, and I found out yesterday that she was filing for divorce from her husband of many years. They have 2 adorable little boys. I have been saddened about this. I think it's because she has kind of been like family to me. I have tried to reason with her to seek help, but she is not willing. I know you're like, why are you writing all of this, but it just hit me so hard tonight. I realized how I don't think I could ever stand to lose my family. I just love them so much. Derek has been everything and more than a husband can be. I look at all we've been through in the last few months and last 15 years, and at the end of the day, I could not be happier than I am with this man. Thank you God for my wonderful loving husband. He has helped me to realize that all of this that has happened has just been a blessing in disguise. It's funny how God takes major life changes and turns them into learning experiences to realize who's really in charge. I would like to close with saying that I am so thankful for my family and friends. Everyone has been so good to me. Thank you all.
It is freezing here in Kentucky, so to end my post, I hope this weekend and next week find you all toasty and in good health.
God Bless,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes people do not realize how fortunate they really are. People seem to think that the grass is always greenier somewhere else, but have you ever thought about where the green, green grass grows in your lawn... Well, if you said septic tank then you were absolutely right. I for myself will stay with the one true love of my life. And, Angie you are right... God does bless you through all circumstances, you must look for the good in all things. I love you and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dito to what Kim said but now that you have started this thing you'd better keep it up. It's so easy to take a quick look at the website when I don't have alot of time for a phone call, so it will be nice to be able to check on you more often. Keep it going!
    Love you!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete