About Me

I'm a HUGE Ian Somerhalder fan. I love The Vampire Diaries. Married for 19 years with a 15 year old son. Cancer Survivor!! Whoo Hoo!! 4+ years... With me what you see is what you get.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter Storm on it's way !!!

I am up late because I took a late nap today. I'm very sleepy but would lie in the bed for hours before actually going to sleep because of my little nap. About the ice storm, well it seems that our week is supposed to be greeted by a lovely little snow/ice storm. Sounds like fun, huh? Lots of snow? Not so much. When we first moved up here 6 years ago, we came the week before our first ice storm. We didn't have power or warm water for 4 days. Oh, and I had to go to work each day driving in this mess. The three of us lived in our bedroom with a propane heater the entire week. It wouldn't have been so bad if we'd not just moved 540 miles from all our friends and family. So we were here, not knowing anyone with nowhere to go. We did go to a local church where a Red Cross shelter was set up. It was nice to take a warm shower there. We played cards and ate and had alot of fun. Then we went back home to our cold new home. I actually found out about this storm coming because I had went to Wal-Mart to get some abreva for a horrible fever blister. I was trying to get over to the pharmacy section, but everyone was stirring around looking scared to death, grabbing water, bread, and more water. I went to the lady at the service desk and said, "What's going on, there's limited bread and water on the shelves?" She said, "Honey we have a storm coming in." I'm like, okay a storm, I'm thinking I've lived through hurricanes and many tornadoes, but a storm up here? What would it be like? Let's just say I learned real quickly to slow down while driving, not to slam on brakes, but to tap them lightly. The trees looked like something out of a painting, they had frozen ice on them. It was beautiful but scary. Okay, so I'm thinking about something that happened 6 years ago. They say that an ice storm comes about every 7 years, and I'm terrified of this. Why you might ask? I have to drive to Frankfort every day for my radiation, and Derek will have to drive to work in this nastiness. I get so nervous for him driving in that kind of weather. I guess it's because I remember back in 2003 when cars had been slammed up against the large icy real rocks on the sides of the roads. It was horrible. I have talked enough about our upcoming storm. Please keep us in your prayers. I have been off my chemo pump for 2 days now, and the home health nurse will be coming out in the morning to hook me back up. I'm not really looking forward to that, but hey, I only have 5 more weeks to go right?? So far, the radiation has not bothered me a bit, nor has the chemo (other than having to remember to grab "Sally" (that's my chemo holder) every time I leave a chair, the car, the bed, etc. Oh, and don't even get me started on having to take her with me to the bathroom. She gets quite upset when I have to lay her in the floor to cath myself. She's like a pet, only worse. She doesn't want to be petted, just tag along for "everything". Oh, it's not too fun when I forget to get her out of the car. She goes crazy and tugs at my stomach warning me not to take another step or we'll be separated. She will be with me everyday for the next 5 weeks, and then we'll only meet for 3 days every other week. She's been with me for over 2 months now, so I had to give her a name. Sounds crazy I know, but you try staying home in the "green throne" watching Oprah and eating bon bons all day . . . . then there's the scales. .. . oh I can never seem to escape them, but hey I'm thankful that I can eat well now. Praise God!! I have shared way too much as I wait to check our school closings. We had 2 snow days just last week. The longer this keeps up, the longer we are going to go through our summer vacation. Or, they just might have year round school if it keeps up. I will try to post again soon. I pray that the next time I post my bottom will still be free of sunburn. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Well i hate that you all are having wintery weather there. I could have worn shorts here yesterday it was almost 80 degrees. Hope everything goes well during the storm, and with Sally (i never thought to name my pump when i had it clever idea). I know how it feels to have something connected to you all the time and for it to pull and get caught on everything. Hope all continues to go well with your radiation. Love you bunches! your fav. niece besides addi grace

    ReplyDelete