About Me

I'm a HUGE Ian Somerhalder fan. I love The Vampire Diaries. Married for 19 years with a 15 year old son. Cancer Survivor!! Whoo Hoo!! 4+ years... With me what you see is what you get.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Started Radiation today!!

I started my every day chemo yesterday and my every day radiation today. The 4 tattoos were not fun I'll tell you. I haven't ever really wanted a tattoo, but this really makes me not want one. I got one on each hip and 2 on my bikini line. Not fun at all!! I talked to Dr. Williams (radiation dr.) yesterday and he said the radiation was going to be worse on me than he initially told me. He said I would probably have to take a break in between treatments. I am praying that this will all be over very soon, and that I can tolerate the radiation well. I have a small area of sunburn on each hip today, but nothing more. He says I will eventually be very sunburned around my tailbone. Not looking forward to that. The chemo is much lighter than what I was originally on, and so far I can eat well, am not sick, and not cold sensitive. Thank you Lord. I am having a difficult time sleeping because I feel the needle in my port when I turn over on my side, and that's kinda how I sleep most of the time. Please keep me in your prayers. Okay, so I got tagged to release info on my Husband so here goes:
About our hubbys...
1.What is his name? Derek Wayne
2. Who eats more? Probably me
3. Who said, "I love you" first? He did!
4. Who is taller? He is.
5. Who is more sensitive? Me, definitely.
7. Who does the laundry? Whoever gets around to it first.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? me
9. Who pays the bills? He does.
10. Who cooks more? He does every night.
11. Who is more stubborn? Definately me
12. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? both equally 13.
13.Who has more siblings? I do
14. Who wears the pants in the relationship? We are both strong willed- but I would have to say that he wears the pants.
15. What do you like to do together? Well we just joined the Sportsmans Club, so we are about to start shooting together. We always do everything as a family.
16. Who eats more sweets? Me for sure. He only eats an occasional Reese cup. Today I brought home a brownie for him, but he wasn't thrilled. He could care less about sweets.
17. Guilty Pleasures? Playing his Call of Duty game on the PC every single night. That's his downtime. He really needs to shoot somebody after a stressfull day at work.
18. How did you meet? An old friend Mona introduced us at a party on Christmas Day 1992. The best Christmas present I ever got. :)
19. Don't know where the ?? went.
20. Don't know where the ?? went.
21. Who proposed? He did, on his knees June 24th, 1993 in my bedroom while I was waking up at 11pm.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you haven't got sick and we are praying for you! Maybe soon addison can pray for you too she seems to be a little talker now. I know that having four tattoos is very awful because one felt like crap. I just hope that you do very good! Hope to see you soon! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete